Thursday, February 12, 2009
I hear you
I may not be fighting the foreclosure of my home, but I can relate to the frustration of feeling like nobody hears me. Please don't even get me started about the hidden agenda of the "Stimulus/Spending/In debt our Children Forever Bill".
I am typing the 9 principles of Glenn Becks "We Surround Them" unity group. There are MORE of us then the people pushing the laws and spending the money that they don't have... if you believe these too snap a photo of yourself and send it to ;
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and he is the center of my life
3. I must always be a more honest person today than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for ME.....I do not answer to them.....they answer to me.
The first time I read these, I was moved by the simplicity and integrity of each statement, but as I have re-read them over the last couple of days and typed them today I am moved by the profound nature of each principle. I am moved and comforted by these words. I feel strength in knowing hundreds of thousands of other people are standing, even 'raising there arm in a square of promise' - as said by Glenn, and committing to living these principles. I would love to explain more of my passion behind these principles, but for now I just want you-anyone-someone to add these ideals to what you think about in the next few days, and act on them.
That is more in line with the kind of CHANGE I was looking for.