Thursday, April 19, 2012

Antique Obsessed

I wish I had enough money to buy every photo at the antique markets, but as it is I must narrow it down to one or two favorites each trip. This one had to be mine- as I could so perfectly relate to it.




it seems some thing never change.... boys will always
be silly boys and moms will try to remain calm and poised in the midst of being amused

Back of the photos( if you have ancestors from Rotterdam and a funny grandpa named Peter maybe you need this photo more than I do....




I love these images.


We also bought the set of springs from an old truck several months ago.
We attatched it to an antigue shabby chippy door (totally funky junk, right?) and
weaved a set of bulbs through it for a light above my bed.




I love the crazy industrial look

I know it's not for everyone out there, but we love the look of it




plus, my boys think it's cool ( even if it is weird) so that's always a bonus.

Be funky.



update :
we have added another strand of bulbs to our light and
a few other touches to our space....it just goes to show creating your dream space is a process
see more about our updated bedroom here.


2 comments:

Carrieann said...

I love the springs with the lights! I wish I was as creative as you!

Unknown said...

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I JUST FOUND IT AND WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE IT, IF THAT WOULD BE OK PLEASE LET ME KNOW,
LAUREN