Sunday, August 17, 2014

After the Extensions

It has been a year and half since I added extensions to my hair.  I had a weft sewn in (a weave) for about 5 months, and then I switched to the Babe Tape-In extensions and had the same hair in for  a little over a year.
It was true love with my long locks.
I have never had hair this long, and certainly never had hair thick enough to look this long- or cute in messy bun, or pony-tail.  Let's face it, long hair is just PRETTY!

But this summer I was getting antsy over my hair.  The tape wasn't working well so I needed to invest in more hair, but wasn't sure I wanted to do it.  My ever patient and super flexible hair-dresser said "just take them out, and if you miss them put them back later."  Oh. Yeah. Easy peesy.  Why do we get so dramatic over our hair?

So with a slip of adhesive release and a few tangles to untangle I was extension free.  I had them in for 18 months, so my hair hadn't been cut in that long.  You can remember my short bob from this post.  I was struggling to grow it out.

We added ombres because I love them (especially for summer) and this was me on the drive home from my salon visit.

I was absolutely shocked at how long my hair looked, even with the extensions gone.
Here is another shot I took after coming home and re-doing my hair (gotta make sure I can re-create the style on my own!)

In spite of the weird lighting in this picture I really do love the way my hair looks now.  We barely trimmed up a few straggly ends, so it is still a little bit asymmetrical and a long, long A-line.  I like it. Here is a shot of the back. 

Again, just refer to my former pictures and you will see- this is a LOT of growth for 18 months.  If you are seriously in a rut growing out your hair get some good extensions and just give your hair a year or so to do it's thing.  I think the thickness helps protects it and let's that length add up nicely.  The best part is now I may just stick with my own hair and forget the extensions.  

It is so fast to wash and style my hair now, and it is easier to manage when styling.  I lost the thick, glamorous look, but I really am happy with this length and style for now.  You also can't beat the money saved (extensions add up, you know) that I feel like I can spend on other goodies in my life. So for now my love affair with my extensions has come to end, but I think back on them with fondness and will always love them for the time we had. <3 div="" nbsp="">


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looked good with extensions, but it also looks great now! Go spend that extra money on books! I miss you!

Unknown said...

Love your hair now better than ever! You just look fabulous.

Unknown said...

What were the problems with the ex ruins after 18 months that caused you to take them out? I may be getting some soon so I am curious at how they held up over time. Also what products did you use with them?