Sunday, November 29, 2009

November Fun

Fighting a head cold (way too much running around and late nights have caught up with me) has kept me away from my regular computer time.....here are a few highlights of the month.

I have this kind of a family



We really do gather around and sing holiday songs and hymns whenever we can. I was thrilled to see my brother enjoy my Clavinova and have my teenager join in on his guitar. This one of my favorite times with my family.

My kids enjoyed helping with these for the little ones to enjoy at Thanksgiving dinner





I really did run off at midnight to see New Moon with my niece and sisters



This is the only way to see a Twilight movie, with screaming and swooning ladies of all ages who aren't afraid to make some noise, sigh over Jacob's muscles, and even giggle at the cheesy dialogue. I loved it, however I fully blame that 12:30 viewing and waiting in the cold for the beginning of my sickness.




If New Moon didn't satisfy your craving for an interesting film experience then I highly recommend renting this
aside from the fact that Luke Wilson is so painfully adorable that you want to climb in the screen and give him a hug, this movie is funny and heartbreaking and artsy in a touching way. For me, right up there with Lars and the Real Girl and Dan in Real Life...which is saying a lot, unless you hate those movies. It has been added to my Christmas list since I saw it with Netflix.

Lastly, I actually broke out of my shell and e-mailed fellow art blogger Becky at Whimsical Musings for a little tag exchange. Her beautiful tags arrived and made my sickly day on the couch much better.....

I was a little intimidated by this task, but already learned a few things and picked up some ideas from her gorgeous art work, so this bit of discomfort was good for me. I highly recommend you click on her blog if you like this amazing work, she has collage freebies and ideas galore plus links to her Etsy pages you can purchase for download anytime.

I wish I could have this tree by my beside, with a plate of cupcakes beside it.....
It was the Marie Antoinette tree at Mystical Paper in Mesa Arizona. My hubby was sweet enough to rest on the soft chair in the doorway (smart idea, shop owners) and let me gasp and sigh over the amazing contents of this little artsy store. It was heaven. I left with a full bag and spent every last bit of my 'blow' money.


Usually I am knee deep in wrapped gifts, baked goods, and Christmas decorations by the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but this year my sickness has slowed me down and my fall decor isn't even put away yet. Cross your fingers for me and wish me luck as I vow to begin the holidays today after church. I can use all the positive vibes I can get right now!
I hope your holidays are off with a bang and life is full for you, too.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Cute tags! And I know nothing of that Henry POole movie, but I do like Luke Wilson.

TJ said...

First of all, when I saw the pic of your family singing it reminded of Dan in real life. Then you mentioned Dan in real life and Lars and the real girl. Two of my very favorites. In fact, I hardly own any movies, but I own those two. I'll have to watch the Henry Poole movie for sure! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Lee Weber said...

I haven't watched a good movie in what feels like a million years. I haven't even BEEN to the movies in years. SIGH. I need to break out a little!! I lvoe offbeat, artsy movies too. Maybe once we (finally) move I'll the the netflix thing.

Lynnae said...

I love that picture of the Family -Utah division, lol. It looked like fun.
I hope you are feeling better!

Stephanie said...

I love your little place-tag tarts. Those look so cute.

Unknown said...

This year we are actually planning atalent show at our Christmas Eve family party. My kids are nervous for it!

Scrappy Girl said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog! I was excited to come for a visit to yours. November blew past way too quickly! I still can't believe I have not seen New Moon yet...I had a party and everything last year for Twilight. Oh yeah...the Obama post is HILARIOUS!

Erin said...

I just put Henry Poole in my watch instantly Netflix queue. Thanks for the recommendation!

Unknown said...

OHHHH I just love this post family singing together!!!! Great Holiday cheer! Fabulous Movies! You really are such a sweetheart. I love stopping here.

I finally posted our swap on my blog sometimes I feel like I am running in circles I really need a break!!!! It took me way to long to get the tags scanned sorry about that. I do so love the tags and they are hanging on my favorite shelf because my sweet sister made it for me along with a few more of my favorite things strewn about.

Sending you a HUGE HUGE HUG!!!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Gods mill grinds slow but sure........................................