Friday, May 9, 2008

The End is Near......



Yes. These are my toes. See the sand (it was so soft) in between them. This was the pedicure I got on my "Sisters Weekend" in Seattle. These were my very happy feet in Daytona Beach.

I was packing my kids backpacks this morning when we realized... there is about 14 days of school left here in Utah. The end is near for me. This has been my first year staying home without running off to work part time at a school or spa, and have the kids gone ALL DAY. Am I a bad mother to say it was heaven? I thought I would get so much more done than I did, but..... I have to say, the house was a little cleaner, I was a little calmer, the laundry was done just a little bit more, and I enjoyed my clients more than ever. This was a school year for me to enjoy being me, and that is an accomplishment in and of itself.

I guess all that is left to do now is for me to plan an incredible summer with my kids (Seven Peaks passes already bought) and try to make their summer a little better than the one before.... after all, I can see that they are growing and leaving me little by little, so once again... the end is near, and I am starting to fear the warning I have heard from all the parents I know- They grow and are gone TOO fast.

No comments: