Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Love and Swap Box



I was lucky enough to get in on the challenge of creating a Valentine Box for another artistic blogger arranged by Treasured Heirlooms. I made mine, learning as I went, and realizing using Modge Podge is not always as easy to use as it looks.
Click on one of the links on my sidebar to see more of the swappers blogs.

A few days after sending it off I received my lovely box from my swap partner, Andrea at Bella Vintage Studio.


It was so beautiful I hardly wanted to untie the pretty lace. Inside proved to be just as stunning.


Ephemera and tidbits, lace and trinkets, pictures and tags just waiting to be made into something lovely. There were chocolates, too, but I was eating them while arranging my goods for the photo, so they were left out of the picture. (They didn't look so good chewed up).


To purchase some of Andrea's goodies for yourself visit her studio store at ETSY.

To add to my Valentine collection, today I received an unexpected (and unsolicited! Even Better!) Valentine in the mail from Becky at Moonlight Journey. She made the gorgeous tag on the left.

You can see the time she takes with each piece, right down to the envelope. I believe sentiments such as this are a lost art, but one I intend on relishing in more, myself. The journal and bookmark are things I made with one of her digital graphic sheets, just print and embellish (or not, I left the cover as is, I loved it so much) and attach, and you have a beautiful creation of your own. Becky's blog is equally amazing, as well.

You can also catch the corner of the New Year book I challenged myself to read, "Life Is A Verb" by Patti Digh. I am only 20 pages in and have already been stunned by the journey it has taken me on. I recommend it to anyone who is looking to appreciate the life they have and live it with intention, especially those artistically inclined.

Now comments are off, so take a minute to click on one of the links in my post and discover something new. Happy Valentine's Day.