Friday, November 7, 2008

I can not say it better

....than a prophet.

As a prophet reveals the truth it divides the people. The honest in heart heed his words, but the unrighteous either ignore the prophet or fight him. When the prophet points out the sins of the world, the worldly either want to close the mouth of the prophet, or else act as if the prophet didn't exist, rather than repent of their sins. Popularity is never a test of truth. Many a prophet has been killed or cast out. As we come closer to the Lord's second coming, you can expect that as the people of the world become more wicked, the prophet will be less popular with them.

Ezra Taft Benson


I was inspired by Rindee to post my feelings today, and I will keep it short. Then tomorrow you may enjoy a happy charm drawing free of any political stance.

I love many people who choose not to do right, but it does not force me to pass laws in their favor. I do not understand how this comment is less brave than one that supports abortion, same sex marriage, or any thing else the world wants me to believe has no consequence. I do not write this to persuade you to follow my beliefs, just to let you know where I stand. I remember raising my arm to sustain a prophet, and I will continue to do so. I also believe that we can live together, we can build a country, we can raise children without fighting about it.

Don't get mad....just think about it.