Monday, July 14, 2008

It really hurts...

I have had neck pain before. Nothing like this. 2 weeks of limited head turning, sharp pain shooting, back of skull stabbing PAIN. Tylenol 3, Advil, Exedrin PM...you name it, I've tried it.

4 massages (3 from family, one professional) and yes, they help, but really! I could not even lift my arm up to pull off my clothes and get ready for bed. Today I said.... "I have had it!" and off I went to Dr Harris, the fifteen buck Chiropractor my mother-in-law swears by.

He cranked and twisted and snapped, and I popped in places I didn't know could pop. I immeadiately could lift my arm (WOW) and felt giddy... then an hour went by, and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. He said give it a day to feel better... and I get it now why he said that. I feel like every ounce of tension in my spine is slowly oozing out my frame.

Salt bath? Check.
Muscle cream? Check.
I am getting ice and going back to bed ( I got in bed at 6:00 tonight). I will post results after 24 hours.
This may be the best thing I have done for myself in along time.... or the worst.
We'll see.

For now I am just writing this like somebody can relate, or even better....cares.

3 comments:

Calvin said...

relating and caring.... curious of the end result

Teresa Jordan said...

Ramona. Never had neck pain, but know how frustrating health problems are (you saw me in 2004). Wish I was home and could help out. I'll be back from St. George on Friday and I'll check on you.
Be careful and just take it easy. See you soon!

Unknown said...

BLess you both! My children actually babied me on that last night... a little TLC goes a long way!